Hi everybody!. I´ve seen that I have no recipe this month, so even cakes are not the best thing to feel healthy, there is always time for baking one. This time is a coconut cake, with fondant (this is an option). You can have a look at two possible outputs, because one of them is from some time ago and I did not post it. Fondant is an option for a lot of different cakes. Have a look at this video from Robin Hassett, it is very interesting and you will have an idea how to work with these things...(colorants, sugar paste..)
This is a soft cake that last for several days as it is wet inside.
What you need for 4 people
7 tbsp sugar
6 tbsp sifted flour
10 gr baking powder
100 gr coconut
400 ml coconut milk
some vainilla flavour
ready to use: I have used RegalIce
food colorants: I have used Icing colors from Wilson
1. Preheat the oven at 200ºC
2. Prepare a recipient with some butter and flour or non stick spray. This is not a big cake, so use a small one.
3. Beat up the whites only. Add some vainilla flavour. Put it in a bowl.
4. Mix the egg yolks, the sugar, the flour, the baking powder, the coconut and coconut milk.
5. Add this mix into the bowl with the egg whites slowly and mix it with a spatula.
6. Pour it into the recipient and put it inside the oven for about 30 minutes. 200ºC ( lower fire plus fan).
7. Let it cool down before adding the fondant.
While it is in the oven, you can prepare the layer of fondant and the decoration with the food colorants.
Have fun with your imagination.
Enjoy/ Bon Profit!